The Antonio da Silva School was founded by Rev. Fr. John Braz Fernandes, Vicar of the Church of Our Lady of Salvation, Dadar in 1868 and was then known as St. John's School.
In 1875, Dr. Antonio da Silva of Dadar left by his will the bulk of his estate for the foundation of a High School. The school then come to be known by its present name Dr. Antonio da Silva High School.
In June 1971, the Science and Technical School shifted from the existing academic school to Cadell Road (Veer Savarkar Marg), Dadar.
In 1978, the Antonio da Silva High School introduced a Jr. College of Commerce.
Dr. Antonio da Silva High School is a Catholic, minority institution administered by a Board of Trustees. It is an English medium Boys school and a member of the Archdiocesan Board of Education.
The School prepares pupils for the SSC and HSC Examination.